The total cases of Covid-19 are currently 6,73,165, leaving India only a couple of hundred cases behind Russia that’s the third-most affected country from coronavirus. India also observed 613 deaths throughout the past 24-hour period, taking the entire amount of passing count to 19,268. Having a constant increase, the amount of recoveries stands in 4,09,083, the authorities said today. This is the ninth successive day which India’s coronavirus infections improved by over 18,000.
Listed below are the top 9 upgrades on coronavirus:
- India — that has been reporting over 18,000 infections for more than a week now — will be very likely to overtake Russia’s tally from Monday, according to reports. “The attempts to enlarge the testing labs community in the nation have contributed to their numbers rising daily. You will find as many as 1,087 labs in the nation — 780 labs at the government-industry and 307 private labs. Facilitation of widespread testing by States/UTs has resisted the number of samples analyzed daily,” that the Union Health Ministry has stated.
- The number of coronavirus cases in Maharashtra — that the worst-hit country in the nation — spanned both lakh-mark with 7,074 new cases on Saturday.
- Delhi recorded 2,505 new coronavirus cases, taking the tally from town to over 97,000, while the death count from the illness enlarged to 3,004, authorities said. The COVID-19 positivity rate in the federal capital has dropped to 10. 58 percent later increasing to almost 37 percent.
- After 17 days of extreme lockdown, Tamil Nadu relaxed lockdown to get Chennai whilst stretching curbs for Madurai and neighbouring areas till July 12. Chennai, that is under tightened limitations from June 19 to July 5 to help combat increasing COVID-19 cases, could see an easing of curbs from Monday.
- Neighbouring Karnataka, meanwhile, has recently declared an entire lockdown on Sundays. The southern country on Saturday reported that its largest single-day spike of 1,839 new cases and 42 related deaths, taking the entire number of diseases from the country to 21,549 along with the death count to 335, the Health division stated.
- West Bengal enrolled twin recordings of this highest single-day spike in COVID-19 deaths and cases on Saturday, since 19 people died as a result of disorder and 743 more tested positive for the virus, the state health department said.
- From the northeast, the COVID-19 scenario has become grim in Assam with the nation reporting its largest ever single-day spike on Saturday. Together with 1,202 fresh cases, Assam’s COVID-19 tally has spanned 11,000-mark. 777 of those new cases reported were from Guwahati alone. Guwahati, that’s the largest town in the northeast, has observed near 3,000 cases in the previous ten days.
- The security and attention of Indians is that the topmost priority, the Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) explained on Saturday following a memo by the bureau triggered a backlash for placing August 15 as a goal for creating a coronavirus vaccine, by both medical specialists and the resistance.
- The World Health Organization reported that a record boost in global coronavirus cases on Saturday, together with the total rising by 212,326 at 24 hours. The largest gains were from the USA, Brazil and India, according to daily accounts.